Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Post!

So here we are, more than halfway through the spring semester!
Part of me is excited to have finally reached this point. I'm finally training for track, knock on wood. It's been a rough recovery and I know I still have a long road ahead. I forgot how tired I end up. ha.
Perhaps what I miss most is my big yellow Lab. I want to have his needle-like white fur stuck in my black sweatpants and drool stains on my favorite slippers. as he gets older, the more time I spend away from him, the more it makes me want to go home and just give him a big hug, despite his awful B.O.
It's overwhelming trying to find that place where I'm going to fit in or find myself in the future. I tend to be off on my own a lot these days. I'm ok with it, but at the same time, I wish I had some closer relationships. Paul is 350 miles away and sometimes a quick good night text is worse than hearing nothing at all. It's my own fault. I fought so hard for that relationship that I let other things slip by the wayside. I've made my decisions and need to just carry on. Working in insurance with my Dad is looking more promising. I just don't want to get sucked in and be so unhappy like he is at times. I want to write, but I've found that maybe I like creative writing more. And photography. I guess what this blog is going to explore is just my day to day experiences as I figure out where I travel.


The goofball in Otis. Love my Nikon :)

 Come on lake! Fill up for summer!
Otis again. Fooled around with the contrast a bit. It's the wheel to a jetski lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment