Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Update

So the race ended up going really well. Paul and I got stuck in traffic 5 miles from the meet...we literally moved 2 miles in 40 minutes. I was ready to run the rest of the way. I totally could have except I didn't know all the turns I had to make. ha. But I ended up placing 3rd in the 5k, ran 18:16. It's not good, but not awful. I'm calling it a stepping stone. I took the lead too early and then spent a lot of time breaking the wind for the other girls. I switched off a couple times, but the pacing was kind of sloppy and I spent a lot of time thinking on my ride home about what I could have done differently. Paul got some great pictures. I'll post them at the bottom. He went and got my camera while I was warming up and then proceeded to take about 250 pictures. Some pole vaulting ones, steeple...then the relays. And finally, the 5k. ha. He yelled at me before going on my warm-up to bring my cell phone. Thanks, Mom. haha. And then he got really nervous during my cool down because I was taking longer than 10 minutes. I tried explaining I usually do 3 miles, but he was having none of that. But the ride home was quieter. We were both exhausted. It was a smoother ride with less traffic though. We went to Eveready for late night breakfast. It has never tasted so good. But I was too tired to even finish my dinner. What a bummer. We went home and finished looking at the pictures and then went to bed. I think we were both out by midnight the latest. Kind of shocking seeing as we could both usually stay up all night even when we're tired.

And then the next day we went rock climbing in New Paltz at the Inner Wall! So cool! I just took pictures for the day, but the place was great. We met Ryan, Paul's friend from RIT whose home for a little while. He hadn't seen anyone, so we met up with him and they climbed for a good 3 hours. I think I'm going to try it next time I go up to RIT. I didn't want to get hurt and I was having way too much fun watching and snapping pictures. One of the employees asked me to send the pictures to their Facebook page so they can put them on the website when it's eventually up and running. I'll have to do that. It was a really fun afternoon though and we'll definitely be going back. There were even these really little kids learning to climb. Adorable. haha.

We said good bye to Ryan and Paul brought me back to school. :( I hate when he leaves. I warmed him up some of the pasta I had made Friday night and he kept telling me not to cry because I did last time he left. Not fair. I had a much rougher day when he was here a month ago. My car broke down and all other things were going wrong! haha. So he gave me a quick kiss and then I watched him drive out of the parking lot. Made myself busy doing laundry and homework though. It worked. I didn't get to go to bed until after 1. So yeah...it was a good weekend though. I really need to get working on my Reckoning Essay. I think it's fleshing itself out in my head because I just sit and think about it all the time.








No comments:

Post a Comment