Monday, September 26, 2011

Parrot?

So I was home this past weekend. It was all good, yadda yadda. Got a ton of errands done (groceries, dry cleaned skirt, went to the bank, got travel sized toiletries for Pittsburgh, did my laundry). It was just unnaturally humid. Is it or is it NOT fall at this point?! Come on Weather. Let's get some crisp fall weather going. I want sweaters and the smell of fires. Apple cider and pumpkins. Leaves changing colors and a cold breeze constantly blowing around. I DO NOT WANT humidity, shorts, frizzy hair and the constant desire to take a shower. Furthermore, on my run Friday morning, I heard an odd squawking. So I look into my neighbor's yard and do a double take. There is a PARROT (yes, a live parrot), sitting in their tree. It was blue and gold and I'm assuming it was the neighbor's pet that was on the run. But you never know. Connecticut could be the new tropics considering all the humidity that we've had lately. Rage.

I also went to Otis with Dad. Went for a run. Once again, felt like summer. I was dripping after 10 miles. But we got the boats sorted out and moved around, which was good. Without Mike home, he needs some help. So I offered to drive up and help him Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

I am nervous for Pittsburgh. I hate flying and I need to find places to run while I'm out there. But also, it's going to be so hard to leave and say goodbye all over again.
This was in my neighbor's tree. Yup. He was trying to talk to me too. I think. Maybe I delusional from sweating out my body weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment