Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lasts

I'm really confused as to WHERE THE FALL WEATHER IS!
We had our meet at Lehigh yesterday. Ran the Women's Brown race 6k. And.... (drum roll please) the women's team placed THIRD!!!!!! Wooohoooo! I think there was something like, 368 finishers total? The course was slick as anything during the day. It caked over a bit more towards the afternoon, but certain patches were just BAD. Like going towards the finish there's a sort of wooded stretch behind the corn field and it's on a downward slant. I was trying so hard not to just slip down it sideways. My best time on that course was Sophomore year when the footing was good. I think it was 21:30. I ran 22:29 today, but they're figuring it was at LEAST 30 seconds slow. And it was HOT. I was not expecting the heat to come raging in like it did at 1 p.m. My breathing was a mess, as usual. So...I'll take it. I'm not ECSTATIC. I really like that we got third. It was nice having a trophy to hold up at the end after how hard we worked. But...Mile repeats this week and some hills in Pittsbugh.

This week has actually been sort of quiet. I was all over campus running mini-errands and I need to go buy more breathing stuff Monday, but it's been alright. The Capping blog is coming along. I'm just nervous because I hope it's interesting and worthy of a good grade. I certainly enjoy writing it, which is what doesn't make it feel like WORK exactly. So that makes me a little nervous...I'm going to try and do a lot of work-ahead this week so I don't have a ton to worry about in Pittsburgh.

I wanted to go see The Maine after MAACs because I LOVE them. But, Paul wouldn't be able to make it here for 8 p.m. from work. So I might just hold off and wait until we can both go because it'd be nice to go see a band we both really like together.

It's parent's weekend. Mom and Dad are coming today. It's weird. Yesterday was my LAST race at Lehigh (thank you, God!) and now it's my last parent's weekend. I wasn't really thinking about "lasts" until yesterday. It's almost as though I really don't care and I'm beginning to think I don't. I have so much on my mind and I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself that I just ignore the present, which is weird. I dunno. It's too early to think about this right now.

Saw 50/50 last night. It was really sad, but good. I was in a weird mood afterwards and just wanted to go to bed after digging the dirt out of my track spikes. Grrrr. Ruined a good toothbrush on that one.

I'm excited for Pittsburgh, nervous about the plane though. I hope my bag is the right size for carry-on. And I wanted to bring my Nikon, but that doesn't seem like it will be happening if I want to bring a back pack too. :/ So no peektures for me. Damn. Alright, I have to go practice and clean my room before my parents get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment