Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Update (not SNL, sorry)

Sooooooo...I had a rough week. Going home was exactly what I needed. After the whole heart fiasco...I am fine. Wednesday on was a little better. I ran and then went home Thursday. So nice to be home. Got some errands done, some homework...Saturday was the Albany meet. Of course it was cloudy and windy. The start was on an uphill. Seriously? Freaked me out. We brought Jasper along. He made tons of new friends and then pooped on the sidewalks and tried to eat an adorable little black lab puppy. Crazy. Love him though. The race was, eh. I hated the start. Bottle necked straight through the mile mark. And I felt like I was running SO fast, but my time was off or something. Maybe the course was long. I don't know. It was weird. I guess Chuck said the Albany girls mentioned their times were much slower compared to earlier time trials on the same course. So something was off. After the meet, pumpkin coffee and Otis!!!! Super. The lake was HIGH and looked like the ocean. The trees weren't that colorful, which was sad. I did laundry ALL night and watched Bridesmaids with mom. Laughed our butts off.

Sunday we went shopping. Finally got my Sperry boat shoes. Half price, man :) New pair of dark jeans, a scarf and some leggings. So just some basics really. I was trying to watch my spending because I have Christmas presents to buy and possibly a surprise plane trip to Pittsburgh to make. We shall see. I also found a dress for formal/lauren's wedding. It's an adrianna papell. They didn't have my size, but we finally found a store in Buffalo that had it and it's on its way. It was one of those numbers that didn't look like much on the hanger. One shoulder. I love that style. Ran 11 miles when we got home. I went to Holy Cross and then had to run back up the hill by Spartan's. Ugh. Stupid decision. That hill is death. It's probably only like 0.35 miles at MOST, but it's like straight up and curves. My butt hurts just thinking about it. No wait, my lungs are burning remembering it. Back to school and I hit traffic in Danbury. There was a white pick-up that was so charred from fire that it was mostly black. Spooky.

I HATE Mondays. It's official. Start off with an 8 a.m. and coffee dripping through my mug all over me. Then go to a presentation for my capping blog, which I'm proud of and WANT to show off. I flub the speech because I touched the keyboard and sent it to the next slide before I needed it. I was shaking. Not to mention, my nice black dress pants...bought them last year. Yeah, now they're too big. I didn't have a nice, professional dress belt so I had to make sure they stayed up while I spoke. Seriously. Nightmare. But, I have an interview lined up with HV Mag and I made it through my run and 5 o'clock class. Got two more capping posts written. So I managed to get work done. I just have a lot left for the weekend. It needs to slow down :/

I have one thing I'd like to accomplish before I leave though...I want to capture a Marist groundhog. I found out what they eat. Blueberries, apples, bananas. They're SO FLUFFY! I'm gonna die. hahahaha. Had to do it. Ok, I need to go to bed.

 LOVE this sunset picture



"I love car rides!" Jaspieeee <3 haha

No comments:

Post a Comment