Sunday, October 23, 2011

Supposed to be studying...

"When I get big, I’m going where he’s going: South America. It’s like America, but south." –Ellie (Up)

Love that movie. It's so cute. I don't think I brought it to school and I need to watch it right about now. This week was insane though.  We had Mike Breen and Ian O'Connor here Wednesday night and I stayed till almost 9:00 to listen. Pete asked to do an article on it and I had PAGES of notes and was exhausted. So I left a little early. Still got some great stuff.

Than Thursday, I had my interview with Hudson Valley Magazine and I LOVED it. Polly, the editor, took me through everything I would be doing and it just made me really excited to get a chance to finally try out the field. Went for my run. Went to PT (I pulled my groin. Again. Figures. When the important races come rolling around.). Then I had to cover the swim meet that night. Believe me, I was doing a happy dance when I could finally curl up in my bed afterward. 

Friday - 2 x 2 mile workout! I forgot how much I liked tempo workouts. I just like that feeling of being on cruise control I guess. Made me feel like I was getting ready for a 10k again. The first time I ran a 10k felt like a straight tempo run until I got to the last mile. And EVERYONE loves when works feels like fun, not work. haha. My mom called after and needed me to start the witch hunt for Ben & Jerry's "Schweddy Balls" ice-cream. Back story- in CT and NY (I think), some mothers are complaining and having it pulled off the shelves. Really? Ruin more! There's one called Karamel Sutra! People just really love to complain. Kids have no CLUE what it's referring to and don't get the joke. If your kid gets it, maybe take a look at your parenting and put some parental controls on your television channels. Ugh. Anyways, I found four pints of it for her in Jazzman's. I have NO Marist money left. Anyone who wants to buy me sushi tomorrow night, I'll love you forever. haha. Went to the soccer game and then went to bed.

Saturday was awful waking up. Erin and I did our long run together and it was actually a beautiful day. Dad brought Grandma up with Uncle Pat and we went to Eveready. After they left (with mom's "schweddy ball sack" of treats. BAHAHA) I went to Applebee's for coffee with Lauren and Sarah. Busy night for me. haha.

Today...I am FREAKING OUT. My groin muscle...a mess. It literally runs from inside my knee and up and across my left hip. Seriously. I ran great until I was like, hmm...maybe I should back off. Yeah...been icing forever. Plus I have a workout tomorrow and MAACs Friday. I am stressed.

Ok....I need to go study for screen writing. haha. I've been putting it off like all night. BAD.

I miss my goofball :(



No comments:

Post a Comment