Tuesday, November 1, 2011

SNOWTOBER!

Sooooo...
Last week was a blur. My groin was a mess, but I made it through my Monday workout and then got through long runs with the help of PT. Thank you, Brian.

MAACs went well. We got 2nd as a team. I was crying and generally a MESS before because my groin muscles/hip were hurting me so bad. I decided to run. Went out in a 5:35 mile with Heidi, backed off a bit and then got a second wind after the backhills. Ended up fourth overall behind the three Iona girls. I PR'd by over 30 seconds. Ran 22:01 for the course, but it was a 21:47 6k for VCP, a 18:06 5k. I'll take it. haha I was a MESS after though. My leg was killing me big time. Lauren put a smile on my face. I went up for my medal and she goes, "OTIS! Wait, is that your boyfriend?" So of course I'm cheesin' big time in the picture. haha.

So THEN, I went home for the weekend. Forecast of snow. Before Halloween. Dumb. Dad and I went to the lake Saturday morning to check the house, and on our way back, we had a half hour to go, the highway was COVERED in minutes! Dad drives like a crazy man and we were in the Buick cruising down the left lane. He even made it up the back hill by Spartan's. Insanity. We lost power immediately. It was creepy. The lightning Saturday night was blue and red. My mom thought an emergency vehicle was outside our house. We still had Jack's party Sunday. Mom made chicken dip over a teeny tiny candle flame. Took 3 hours, but was still legit chicken dip. Go mom!

Getting back to school was a nightmare with the traffic, but it was nice to have electricity. The snowstorm was a blessing in disguise though. I couldn't run for two days and my leg got a nice rest I guess. It still hurts :/ And Waterbury won't have power back till around Friday. Poor Jack. He's probably bummed. His birthday is today. The big 13!

In other news, Lauren, Sarah, Courey and I went on the Headless Horseman Hayride last night. Lauren and I were laughing the whole time. So it made it a little less scary. She got yelled at for trying to pet the horse that the headless horseman rode up to the hayride. haha. The haunted houses were pretty good though. they ahd a chainsaw guy. haha. This was ranked like #1 in the Northeast I think. And it was featured on Good Morning, America! and the Weather channel. So cool. Had to at least experience it once :) Here's a link:

http://www.headlesshorseman.com/

Anyways, I'm a little stressed because we had to pick classes today. Another blessing in disguise. Fiction is offered during my practice time so I was apprehensive taking it. then registration wouldn't let me in to take it, so I signed up for an independent writing project, which would build a portfolio. Blessing in disguise? Maybe. It's at 9:30 instead of 3:30 and opens my schedule up big time for practice and my internship.So I'm going to try and relax about the whole thing now. haha

Ok, enough of me talking...pictures!
The ones from MAACs are from Lauren.
 In front of their favorite bar. haha






 The MAAC card I made for Kara. haha

 SNOWTOBER. We lost quite a few branches


My dress for formals :) It finally came in!

No comments:

Post a Comment