Monday, November 14, 2011

What an interesting weekend...

Well, I went home this weekend. My leg was beyond aggravated and Buffalo was out for Regionals. I cried about it. Yeah, I know. But once I got it out, I remembered what I always remember from when I had mono and missed states. "This is just a snapshot, not your whole photo album." Thank you to the Woodland Coach for that one. He's right. I had a great race at MAACs. I'd consider it going out with a bang. If I feel better, I always have the Goshen Turkey Trot to blast off some extra racing energy in. Plus, there's no pressure. I just get to run.  Right now, the focus is on getting better.

So...I had a relaxing time at home. Spent a lot of time with the leg up. Did homework. Bought the Water for Elephants DVD and Elf. Went to O-Joe's with my parents and the Shannons. Watched Lisa and Janice walk back to the cars, arm in arm, belting out, "Hey, hey we're the monkeys!" Always entertaining. Grandma pulled out her wedding dress. I got a guilt trip about being the only girl on this side of the family and she's going to have to just give it away because "Who the hell's gonna wear it?" O_O Yeah. I did help her hang it up and spread the train out. It was all wrinkled from being in a white plastic bag after being dry cleaned. I didn't want to make her feel bad, but even if I did want it, the alterations to it would be ridiculous. I just laughed off her rants though. She settled down when my Dad and Jack walked down to say hello.

I made a bath appointment for Jasper, aka Sir Stinks-a-lot. Oh my God. He was terrible. He looked like he had things GROWING in his fur. He's hit the mangy old man stage, sadly. But my mom called it a "whore" bath when he got home. He smelled like Vanilla Body spray. hahaha They basically just tried to do a cover-up of his nastiness. I bet he'll be stinky again in a day. He covered me in dog hair though when I was playing with him. Someone's getting a new, high-tech doggie brush for Christmas! haha

So yeah...didn't really do much. Mike will be home next Tuesday and Paul and his Dad are coming down Thursday for dinner :) so I just need to get my two Sports articles written this weekend and I'm golden. Just my capping presentation to work on. I WANT TO RUNNN :(

Ok...that's enough. Jasper pictures!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment