Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why does this always happen to me?

Just like that my hopes and dreams get trampled on.
Brian has my Sartorius all taped up. I went to see him today. Haven't run since Saturday afternoon when I did like 6 miles. I'm a mess. I cried it out, I think. but I couldn't do the workout today and Regionals are Saturday. I'm sick of this. It's what makes me hate running. I did nothing to make myself get hurt. I was so careful. And here I am, limping to night classes. UGHHH.

In other news...Paul came to visit this weekend. It was really, really nice to see him. We went and surprised his parents Saturday afternoon. And then we simply watched football all day Sunday...went to the diner and Barnes and Noble. Went to the Subaru dealership. It was nice to just have him around to talk and laugh about stupid things with. It distracted me from being injured over the weekend. Normally, I'd be sitting staring at the four walls (which I did all day today until PT). I wish he was still here to tell me it'll be ok and that running is stupid. I let myself fall back into loving running because I have a couple good races. And then it rips my heart out, just like that. Chuck said he still wants to bring me to Buffalo. I can maybe still race. But this is 100 x worse than it was at MAACs. There's only so many times you can push through something before it's legitimately done.

I'm going to watch the Crew Team tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. and then do their interviews for my final project for Pete. Once I get that done, then I'm nearing the wire. Most of the important stuff is done. Just one more essay for my English class, my capping presentation, handing in the two articles to Pete, and then writing up stuff for my screenplay. I can literally count on one hand what's left to do, which is scary. I should be going to class. I have some Otis pictures for later. Hopefully.

Oh and everyone go check out my graduate school blog!!! It's almost done. I have one more post for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment