Thursday, April 28, 2011

I haven't written because the humidity makes me grouchy...

The title says it all. I've been DYING this week. Even on the treadmill. I took Sunday off and Monday night was alright, but then Tuesday, WHAT a nightmare. I ran later at night and that may have screwed me up, but it shouldn't have. I almost passed out in McCann yesterday trying to do my 800m repeats on the treadmill. It's been 80 with HIGH humidity and pollen levels. AKA disaster for me and running. I have MAACs next Saturday and I can't train. I'm stuck on the treadmill and even doing 10 miles on that has been torture because it's so HUMID in the gyms. I am pouring sweat eery time after just 1.5 miles. That's pathetic. I also become really, really tired. The race was kind of a disaster last weekend. It never spread out and I was running in lane 3 the entire time and pretty much beat myself up with that. Some Georgetown girl almost mowed me down in lap 3. she just shoved everyone and I almost face planted over the rail. I just never settled in to my pace and on top of that, the race was so jumbled because we were all seeded the same pretty much. All 33 of us.

I think I just need a break. I've been training really hard up to this point. It just stinks that I'm wearing out now when I only have a week left. Two workouts, one race and then I get a week off.

Easter was nice. I ate too much of my Aunt Pinky's Gnocchis and made myself feel sick. ha.

I'm just overall exhausted by this point. I'm going to take a shower and then I'm off to RIT for the weekend for Paul's formal. :) He just told me last night that he's leaving for Pittsburgh next December for co-op and he'll be out there until September. So almost an entire year of him being 10 hours away. He got mad at me for crying about it because I was upset and yelled at me for keeping him from taking good opportunities. I wasn't doing that at all. I know he has to go do this and I'm just upset I won't be seeing him. I want him to take it. It just sucks because I'm going to be graduating and then need to figure my life out. I feel like we've come to a major cross road and we need to enjoy the time we have now. I want to not think about it. I don't even really want to deal with it. But I need to stop running away from my problems. I'll survive. It'll be tough at first. But maybe once I start work out of college, and if it's for my Dad, I can go visit him one weekend after I graduate. I just feel like he'll find someone else out there...You can't control who you meet and end up falling for. But then again, if we make it, we make it. Ok. Enough. I can't think about that anymore right now.

We're getting a monster thunderstorm right now. Wait, scratch that. It just stopped. Crazy weather. As long as the humidity goes away, I can deal with 70 degrees. I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment