Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I watched a worm slime across the track today..."

Can I just say that Poughkeepsie has been having the shittiest weather ever this week? Fo' realz. haha. Sorry. Just had to let that out.

I need to add "people watching out my Fulton window" as an activity on my resume or info page or something. It truly takes up so much of my time. It's great for providing a good laugh as well. Sometimes I like to make up conversations between people who are walking together or I make up what they did for the day. I'm a pro procrastinator.

So the big news today is that I SURVIVED! my mile repeats workout with Britt. This is the very same Britt who just ran a 16 second PR over her own school record in the steeplechase out in Cali. Yes, the girl is incredibly fast and I was shaking in my boots, well sneakers, about doing mile repeats with her. To make matters even BETTER it was 42 degrees and raining today. It also got windier as our workout went on. Fabulous. Well, Britt and I warmed up and the workout ended up going well. Our first one was too slow. Like 5:41. We were supposed to be running 5:36-5:40. I guess our legs were just cold because after that we ran a 5:36 and finished off with a 5:35. And Britt pushed me to actually kick it up another gear on the last 200 meters. She has a phenomenal kick and she started rolling away and I had to really push to get after her. It helped though. Pete was happy. haha. And he put things into perspective for me. I ran UMass, the 10k, like 10 days ago, so less than 2 weeks. and then 6 days after UMass, I ran a 5k at Rutgers. Plus I had two solid workouts in there. So he said I should be feeling a little roughed up. I just need to chill the next couple days before Princeton. It'd be nice to go for a rip and feel like I used to on that track.

I watched a worm slowly make it's way across the track lanes while we were running today too. Each lap it made its slimy way to the other side. I think I ran faster because I wanted to see how far it got and if I could run a mile before it crawled across 6 lanes of rubber. He was a brave one though. I think he beat me. I need to sleep more. 

My parents are the best and said I can drive home Thursday morning and then they'll rive me down to Princeton Friday afternoon to watch me race. I definitely made sure I told my mom about the really great shops and the really great restaurants (those were more for my Dad. He needs to focus every trip around where we're going to eat). But I feel so much better being able to go home now.

I'm at 7,972 miles on my mileage tracker that I started on 2/14/07. Almost at 8k. These legs have traveled pretty far by now.

We're making Easter baskets for the little kids tonight in our house. The college is reimbursing Andrea for getting everything and we're going to assemble them tonight. I'm excited. I can actually relax and have fun tonight because I got the majority of my work done. I got up early to finish my Ethics paper, do my law extra credit and work on my forum replies. I'm just happy Easter is coming up. I need to decide if I want to take Saturday or Sunday off. ha. Probably Saturday.

And I officially decided on my dress for Paul's formal. hehe. Black on black on black. Car lingo. But seriously.

Ok. I'm reading this terrific book right now...well, so far it's good. And I have a feeling I'm going to crash any second.



Jasper...love him

No comments:

Post a Comment