Thursday, April 14, 2011

Treadmill rant

I get that McCann is busy Wednesdays at 11 a.m. It's activity hour and every dutiful college student sees themselves as the picture of health for the fact that they trek down there to work out. In many cases, they walk on the treadmill. Well, I got my butt down there before 11 for practice and had to do a run on the treadmill. STANDING BEHIND ME and HOVERING will NOT get me off the treadmill any faster. I've seen girls walk on it for an hour. 10 miles doesn't just happen. So I'm sorry. But I wait for you when you get there first. Please stop hovering and muttering. It won't make me go any faster. The belt is usually at a set speed.

Ok, sorry for the rant. I just get annoyed. I have just as much right as anybody. and I usually clean the machine and get off it immediately when I'm done. I just find it hysterical that people stand there and think the world should end or step aside for them. Everyone else waits. It's common courtesy. And who's to say that THEY won't then go on for an hour themselves? Exactly.

The sun's out today. Little hot for my taste. Supposed to hit 68 degrees. But I just have pre-race since I decided to run at Rutgers Friday night. I had a workout Tuesday. 3 sets of 800-400-400. 3 minutes rest between sets, 3 minutes rest after the 8 and 1 and a half minutes rest after the 4's. Chuck wanted me to run 2:52 for the 8's and 83-84 for the 4's. Well, the 8's were 2:47, 2:45, 2:44. The 4's were all in 80, with the very last one in 79. I felt pretty decent, especially with my legs still acting up a bit. Just need to remember my inhaler Friday night. I would still much rather race than have to do mile repeats, by myself, on Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment