Sunday, April 3, 2011

"I think she needs another strap"

I can't believe that I completely forgot to write about this!
So, my mom and my aunts went to a fundraiser for our family's nonprofit organization that my Aunt Ginny started in my Nonna and Poppa's names. The Marie and Pat Ciochetti Memorial Fund. She helps out families that are in need of any kind of aid in the Greater Waterbury area. The program has received some great recognition in the past few years. My Aunt has poured her heart and soul into this program with the help of my mom and other aunt, as well as the generosity of other women in the area.
Anyways, they received recognition from Family Services and were invited to a recognition dinner and silent auction. This younger woman was there working a jewelers display, showing off this new diamond that had just come in. Her dress was a very beautiful one shoulder affair that was a rich color. However, as my younger brother Jack put it when the picture made the paper the next day, "She needed another strap". His way of saying, "Holy %&$*#! Her boobs are hanging out!" hahah.
My mom and Aunt Pinky were actually in the picture speaking to her. My mom told me how she noticed the dress was slipping down but didn't want to embarrass her. Well, what's more embarrassing, Mom? Having your boob exposed in the Monday morning paper? Or having someone politely inform you that you might want to pull your dress up? My Uncle Paul opened the paper the next day and yells, "Deb! Look at this girl's tit!" And she walks over, slightly amused and goes, "Paul! Your sisters are in that picture too!" And he looks at her and goes, "Oh yeah. You're right!" He didn't even notice them. Jack, on the other hand, went about his comment in a much more diplomatic way.
         "Mom, What's that lady wearing???"
          My Mom tried to answer it as best as she could. "Well, it's a one-shoulder dress. See?"
          "I think she needs another strap"
My whole family lost it at that one.

So my Mom calls me and I'm thinking this girl's whole boob is exposed. Well, it was NOT that bad.
I'll post a link to the picture. Its copyright belongs to the Waterbury Republican American newspaper:

Does she really need another strap?

But like I said. Completely over exaggerated. I guess to my parents and aunts and uncles, that was exposed. It just goes to show how different each generation views things. I mean, I have Hatters where girls "cookas" are always hanging out. Thank you, Snookie, for creating that new word of reference. Gotta love Jersey Shore. 

That's my inappropriate post for the week. Sorry if I offended anyone.

2 comments: